Quick link – Get the full Wasaga Beach Race Results.
Triathlon Ontario Club Championship Weekend at Wasaga Beach
Thanks to all of you for supporting our Series and the 9th stop of the 2015 Recharge With Milk Triathlon Series.
We were thrilled to host the Triathlon Ontario Club Championships and see such a great turnout of clubs over the two days. Thanks coming out and racing in your colours to help make this a vibrant weekend. Here are a few we managed to capture on our cameras.
Congratulations to the LPC Triathlon Club (Division I Winners), and the Fighting Koalas Triathlon Team (Division II Winners) of the Club Championships. View the full results at Triathlon Ontario.
Saturday August 29, 2015 – Olympic & Give-It-A-Tri Day
Swim leaders – Alexander VanderLinden & Angela Quick
Kitchener’s Alexander VanderLinden led all competitors out of wavy Georgian Bay with a time of 21:50. This left the main contenders – Guelph’s Jackson Laundry and Richmond Hill’s Andrew Bolton approximately 1:14 behind at the start of their 40 km rides. Laundry and Bolton chased down VanderLinden, and with the top ride of the day (57:08), Laundry entered T2 first with Bolton just 13 seconds behind. Laundry padded his lead with the fastest run (33:35) to grab the overall win in 1:55:29. VanderLinden caught a struggling Bolton – who slipped and fell hard in transition but chose to continue racing – for second (1:57:11).
Wasaga Beach Olympic Triathlon (1.5km Swim – 40km Bike – 10km Run) – Top 5 Men
- Jackson Laundry (Guelph, ON) 1:55:29
- Alexander VanderLinden (Kitchener, ON) 1:57:11
- Andrew Bolton (Richmond Hill, ON) 2:04:28
- Nicholas Kolodzie (Oshawa, ON) 2:09:52
- Luke Ehgoetz (New Hamburg, ON) 2:09:59
Kitchener’s Angela Quick led all women out of the 1.5 km swim and onto the longest freshwater beach in the world with a 22:26 clocking, with Newmarket’s Kristen Marchant 55 seconds behind. Quick managed to stay ahead for the entire bike ride thanks to the top split of 1:05:56 and took a 1:23 lead onto the final 10 km run. Unfortunately for her, she could not hold Marchant’s pace. Marchant closed with a women’s best 41:03 run to claim the win in 2:12:24. Quick took second (2:16:01), and Simcoe’s Emma Plater (2:21:48) edged out Mississauga’s Lauren Heinken (2:21:49) in a hard fought side by side sprint finish along Beach Drive.
Wasaga Beach Olympic Triathlon (1.5km Swim – 40km Bike – 10km Run) – Top 5 Women
- Kristen Marchant (Newmarket, ON) 2:12:24
- Angela Quick (Kitchener, ON) 2:16:01
- Emma Plater (Simcoe, ON) 2:21:48
- Lauren Heinken (Mississauga, ON) 2:21:49
- Kelley Tessier (Toronto, ON) 2:25:19
Nicholas Lambert dominated with top splits in all categories (6:19 swim, 16:20 bike, 10:21 run). The women’s race featured a close battle, with only 44 seconds separating first through fourth. With practically identical times for the swim, bike, and run, Leah Culotta pulled off the victory over Mackenzi Newman due to slightly faster transitions.
Wasaga Beach Give-It-A-Tri (400m Swim – 10km Bike – 2.5km Run) – Top 5 Men
- Nicholas Lambert (Elliot Lake, ON) 35:35
- Jack Ciohos (Toronto, ON) 39:56
- Henry Bada (North York, ON) 40:54
- Len Dunkley (Barrie, ON) 41:17
- Daniel Bolton (Richmond Hill, ON) 42:00
Wasaga Beach Give-It-A-Tri (400m Swim – 10km Bike – 2.5km Run) – Top 5 Women
- Leah Culotta (Waterdown, ON) 45:14
- MacKenzi Newman (Hamilton, ON) 45:27
- Jeannine Wright (Burlington, ON) 45:53
- Jennifer McPhee (Burlington, ON) 45:58
- Sarah Dunkley (St. Thomas, ON) 46:16
Saturday August 29, 2015 – Sprint Triathlon & Duathlon
Wasaga Beach Sprint Triathlon (750m Swim – 20km Bike – 5km Run) – Top 5 Men
- Lee Rantala (Toronto, ON) 1:02:13
- Prakash Pandya (Lasalle, ON) 1:03:01
- Ryan McCallum (Richmond Hill, ON) 1:03:12
- Leigh Wingfield (Orangeville, ON) 1:04:19
- Mat Reid (Burlington, ON) 1:05:17
Wasaga Beach Sprint Triathlon (750m Swim – 20km Bike – 5km Run) – Top 5 Women
- Meghan Lamers (London, ON) 1:07:00
- Karen Ugarte Bravo (Barrie, ON) 1:10:44
- Katherine Onyett-Jeffries (Toronto, ON) 1:11:01
- Lauren Reid (Burlington, ON) 1:11:30
- Amanda Switzer (London, ON) 1:11:47
Wasaga Beach Sprint Duathlon (5km Run – 20km Bike – 2.5km Run) – Top 5 Men
- Spencer Summerfield (London, ON) 1:01:55
- Jeremy Carter (St. Agatha, ON) 1:02:28
- Ben Snider-McGrath (Port Perry, ON) 1:02:58
- Aniket Hooopa (Toronto, ON) 1:05:53
- Marcel Badertscher (Toronto, ON) 1:06:40
Wasaga Beach Sprint Duathlon (5km Run – 20km Bike – 2.5km Run) – Top 5 Women
- Michele Sheehy (Cobourg, ON) 1:11:54
- Annick Gagne (Angus, ON) 1:13:15
- Karri Beck (Richmond Hill, ON) 1:13:31
- Patty Stephens (Owen Sound, ON) 1:14:15
- Linda Crawford (Burlington, ON) 1:15:40
Some our Relay and Swim/Bike Winners
* Get the full Wasaga Beach Race Results from all the race categories.
Athlete Race Reports
These reports will give you lots of insight and information which will help you with your own racing and training.
RACERS OF THE DAY
Congratulations to our Wasaga Beach Racers of the day.
Skechers Racer of the Day
The winner of this prize gets a pair of Skechers Performance Running Shoes
Ignition Fitness Racer of the Day
The winner receives an Ignition Fitness Tri Top from Champion System along with additional opportunities to win more.
Share a picture of you in your ROTD kit on social media and Ignition Fitness will send you a Clif prize pack. Share another pic of you racing in your ROTD kit and we’ll send you another Clif prize pack. The more races you wear your ROTD kit, the more you win!
— Roger Hospedales (@hosspro) August 29, 2015
Nineteen Wetsuit Racer of the Day
The winner receives a Nineteen Pipeline FS wetsuit (MSRP $300).
2XU Racer of the Day
The winner receives a 2XU Prize Pack worth $310
Recharge With Milk
Make sure to stop by the Recharge With Milk Recovery Zone to get your post-race Chocolate Milk, swag, recover, and to have to fun with your fellow racers.
Support the G&M Hospital Challenge!
The goal is to purchase new cardiac vital sign monitors for patients using the Collingwood G&M Hospital. Cardiac vital sign monitors are critically important to medical staff when they monitor the condition of patients in the ICU, Emergency Department and in the Operating Room and Recovery.
You can still donate to the G&M Hospital Challenge today.
John Salt on Babbittville Radio
Images We Love
Share, Tag, Comment, and most of all, enjoy all of the free images.
Thanks to all of our Volunteers!
Thanks again to all of our volunteers gave up their time to help the athletes this weekend. You make it possible for the athletes to do what they do. Athletes, show your appreciation and make it a practice to thank every volunteer you meet along the course at any race.
Thanks and See you again soon
Thanks for joining us at Toronto Island.
We hope to see you at our next stop of the 2015 Recharge With Milk Triathlon Series:
|Georgina (September 13)|
Register for the Barrelman Triathlon (September 20).
Get Connected And Stay Informed
Please Support our Sponsors
We extend our thanks to each and every sponsor. Race entry fees never cover the complete cost of a particular race or series of races and without the sponsors there is no race or race series that would survive without their support. We hope that you all take a moment to check out our Series Sponsors below or visit the sponsors page and see what they do and look at the products they sell. Please thank them for supporting the sports of Triathlon and Duathlon by trying and using their products. If you do visit them please take a moment to thank them for supporting Triathlon, Duathlon and Kids races in Ontario.
|Nutrition & Hydration Sponsor||Run Course & Shoe Sponsor||Timing Sponsor|
|Custom Clothing Sponsor||Volunteer Sponsor||Eyewear & Rx Eyewear|
Local Presenting Race Sponsors
Silver Level Sponsors
|Nutrition Bar||Official Headwear||Bike Trainer Sponsor|
|Official Bike Box||Race Wheels||Recovery Sponsors|