This calendar will provide information on how to qualify for the Age Group National Team with MultiSport Canada.
|MultiSport Canada Gravenhurst||Standard Duathlon||Jun 10, 2023||Gravenhurst, ON||(1)|
|MultiSport Canada Rose City||Long Distance Aqua Bike||Jun 24, 2023||Welland, ON||(1)|
|MultiSport Canada Rose City||Long Distance Triathlon||Jun 24, 2023||Welland, ON||(1)|
|MultiSport Canada Bracebridge||Sprint Duathlon||July 9, 2023||Bracebridge, ON||(1)|
|Long Distance Triathlon||July 30, 2023||Kingston, ON||(1)|
|Sprint Duathlon||Aug 13, 2023||Barrie, ON||(1)|
|Aug 13, 2023||Barrie, ON||(1)|
|Multisport Canada Wasaga Beach||Standard Triathlon||Aug 26, 2023||Wasaga Beach, ON||(2)|
|Multisport Canada Wasaga Beach||Standard Aqua Bike||Aug 26, 2023||Wasaga Beach, ON||(2)|
|Multisport Canada Wasaga Beach||Sprint Triathlon|
|Aug 26, 2023||Wasaga Beach, ON||(1)|
|Multisport Canada Lakeside||Standard Duathlon||Sept 10, 2023||Lakeside, ON||(1)|
|Niagara Falls Barrelman||Long Distance Aqua Bike||Sept 17, 2023||Welland, ON||(1)|
2024 Age Group World Championship Events:
Townsville, Australia: Duathlon, Long Distance Triathlon, Long Distance Aquabike, Aquathlon, Cross Cross Duathlon. Aug 15-25, 2024
Malaga, Spain: Sprint Triathlon, Standard Triathlon, Super Sprint Triathlon, Standard Aquabike, Mixed Team Relay. Exact Date TBD, Oct 2024.
Event information will become available after the event for the current year is completed. Please check Triathlon Canada’s website here for the most recent updates.
What do you need to know about qualifying for Age Group World Championship Events?
Qualifying spots are allocated based on several criteria that requires a strong level of preparation. Athletes are responsible for the following:
- You must be a member of Triathlon Ontario or a member of your Provincial Sport Organization (PSO) prior to competition. Triathlon Ontario ‘race day’ fees are not considered a membership.
- Expression of Interest (EOI) must be submitted to Triathlon Canada with a non-refundable $20 fee paid prior to competition. An EOI page will be set up by Triathlon Canada specific to each province with the list of qualification events. Learn more about how to submit an EOI.
What do you need to know about Age Groups?
1) Qualifying spots are in 5 year age groups e.g. Men 40-44, Men 45-49 etc.
2) If Race Day awards are 10 year age groups e.g. Women 30-39, Women 40-49 etc. Age-adjusted categories for 5 year age groups will be posted by SPORTSTATS.
This will be populated several days after competition once athlete data has been verified for: AGE, DNF, DNS, and DQ.
Note: Race Day award standings do not mean you have a qualifying spot in your age category.
3) Qualifying spots are AGE ADJUSTED to Dec 31st, 2024. If there is 1 qualifying spot per age group, per gender, the fastest finishing time as of age adjusted results will then be considered an ‘automatic qualification’.
4) Automatic qualifiers will be notified by Triathlon Canada directly. If you believe you have qualified and do not receive a notification within one month, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please read: ITU Competition Rules for World Triathlon Series Events
- For more information about the qualifying process please visit: