We find ourselves navigating a new normal with social distancing becoming a highly used phrase in our vocabulary. As cities across the province continue to open up, we must remain vigilant to ensure we are stopping the spread of COVID-19 and are being respectful to those around us. As athletes, we want to be able to take our training outdoors and train with friends and teammates in a safe and healthy way. While we may not be heading to the start-line anytime soon, use this time to set goals for yourself and try new things! Whether you’re looking to make it up a tough climb or venture out onto gravel trails, don’t forget to take time for yourself.
Keep these tips in mind when going out for your next ride!
- Explore new routes! Check out less popular cycling routes and see where the road or trail takes you
- Use Strava’s challenges to help your goal setting like the Everest Challenge!
- Keep those snot rockets and side spits to yourself
- If you are going out in a group, limit group rides to maximum of 10 people – but we recommend keeping it to a group you know and trust
- If you are experiencing any symptoms, including a fever and a cough, or have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, you should not be going for a ride
Be sure to continue to follow our sport governing bodies like Triathlon Ontario who are providing updates based on provincial guidelines and recommendations.
Stay safe and healthy – keep on riding!