The Town of Bracebridge is working with a number of partners to host a new event called What’s Cooking Bracebridge from October 3-5, 2014 and is inviting the participants, followers and friends of Multisport Canada’s Bracebridge Triathlon. What’s Cooking Bracebridge: The Great Muskoka Cookbook Adventure is an event celebrating the “cookbook” and their authors who will be in Bracebridge and featured at a variety of activities throughout the weekend including demonstrations, celebrity-hosted brunches, lunches and dinners, hands-on workshops and keynote presentations.
Highlights of the weekend include:
- Janet Podleski, #1 bestselling author of The Looneyspoons Collection and host of Food Network’s “Eat, Shrink & Be Merry” will be sharing her inspirational success story and dishing out her best-ever NEWtrition tips to help you Win the No-Belly Prize;
- Stefano Faita of CBC’s “In the Kitchen with Stefano Faita” is hosting a 3 course dinner, “A Night in Italy” based on his passion for making food from scratch with fresh, simple ingredients;
- Rob Rainford author of “Born to Grill” and TV host will demonstrate a Thai BBQ as well as hosting a BBQ lunch;
- Anna Olson, bestselling author, celebrity chef and host of Food Network “Canada’s Bake with Anna Olson” will be in Bracebridge to share her love of baking. Anna will be demonstrating baking for the upcoming Thanksgiving season;
- Rose Reisman a health and wellness expert will be demonstrating how to make small changes in your diet that will change your health; and
- Downton Abbey Style Tea with Pamela Foster.
Many others will be featured during this weekend including David Ort, Margaret Howard, Clinton Pattemore, Jeff Suddaby, Carla Azevedo, Pat Crocker and Nettie Cronish. Other food and cookbook-based events are:
- A free screening of Julie and Julia at the Norwood Theatre.
- Presentations and sharing of vintage cookbooks.
- Brewery and Cycling Tour with Muskoka Outfitters
Tickets are on sale on an “A la carte” basis and daily or weekend Theatre Demo Passes are also available at www.canadascottagecountry.ca. If you would like additional information, please contact Suzanne at 705-645-6319 Ext. 228.