The calendar will provide information on:
- Age Group World Championship Qualifying races
- National Championship races
- National Development Series races
- International races
Qualifying events with Multisport Canada:
|MultiSport Canada Gravenhurst||Standard Duathlon||Jun 11, 2022||Gravenhurst, ON||(1)|
|MultiSport Canada Bracebridge||Sprint Duathlon||July 24, 2022||Bracebridge, ON||(1)|
|Long Distance Triathlon||Jul 31, 2022||Kingston, ON||(2)|
|Sprint Triathlon||Aug 7, 2022||Barrie, ON||(1)|
|Multisport Canada Lakeside||Standard Triathlon &|
Swim / Bike
|Sept 11, 2022||Lakeside, ON||(1)
|Niagara Falls Barrelman||Aquabike –|
|Sept 18, 2022||Welland, ON||(1)|
2023 Age Group World Championship Events:
Hamburg, Germany: Sprint Triathlon, Mixed Team Relay – Date TBA
Pontevedra, Spain: Standard Triathlon, Super Sprint Triathlon, Standard Aquabike – Date TBA
Ibiza, Spain: Sprint & Standard Duathlon, Cross Triathlon, Aquathlon, Aquabike, Long Distance Triathlon – Date TBA
What do you need to know about qualifying for Age Group World Championship Events?
Qualifying spots are allocated based on several criteria that requires a strong level of preparation. Athletes are responsible for the following:
- You must be a member of Triathlon Ontario or a member of your Provincial Sport Organization (PSO) prior to competition. Triathlon Ontario ‘race day’ fees are not considered a membership.
- Expression of Interest (EOI) must be submitted to Triathlon Canada with a non-refundable $20 fee paid prior to competition. An EOI page will be set up by Triathlon Canada specific to each province with the list of qualification events. Learn more about how to submit an EOI.
What do you need to know about Age Groups?
1) Qualifying spots are in 5 year age groups e.g. Men 40-44, Men 45-49 etc.
2) If Race Day awards are 10 year age groups e.g. Women 30-39, Women 40-49 etc. Age-adjusted categories for 5 year age groups will be posted by SPORTSTATS.
This will be populated several days after competition once athlete data has been verified for: AGE, DNF, DNS, and DQ.
Note: Race Day award standings do not mean you have a qualifying spot in your age category.
3) Qualifying spots are AGE ADJUSTED to Dec 31st, 2023. If there is 1 qualifying spot per age group, per gender, the fastest finishing time as of age adjusted results will then be considered an ‘automatic qualification’.
4) Automatic qualifiers will be notified by Triathlon Canada directly. If you believe you have qualified and do not receive a notification within one month, please contact email@example.com.
- Please read: ITU Competition Rules for World Triathlon Series Events
- For more information about the qualifying process please visit: