Lakeside Post-Race Report 2015
Quick link – Get the full Lakeside Race Results.
Another stellar weekend at Lakeside
We had another full slate of events at Lakeside to satisfy everyone’s needs. With the Sprint distance and Kids of Steel events on Saturday – which also played host to the 2015 Triathlon Ontario Youth Cup Series, and the Olympic distance and Give-It-A-Tri races on Sunday.
Thanks to all of you for supporting the 2015 Recharge With Milk Triathlon Series this season, and we hope to see you all back in 2016.
Saturday September 12, 2015 – Day 1 at Lakeside
Lakeside Sprint Triathlon (750m Swim – 20km Bike – 5km Run) – Top 5 Men
1. Ian Mackinnon (Hamilton, ON) 1:01:29
2. Nigel Roedde (Hamilton, ON) 1:02:11
3. Art Hare (Kitchener, ON) 1:03:39
4. Darryl Fonagy (Oakville, ON) 1:07:36
5. Ryan Van Praet (Chatham, ON) 1:08:01
Lakeside Sprint Triathlon (750m Swim – 20km Bike – 5km Run) – Top 5 Women
1. Laura Burberry (London, ON) 1:11:25
2. Emilie Tremblay (London, ON) 1:13:01
3. Stacy Groppler (London, ON) 1:14:21
4. Krissie Petropoulos (London, ON) 1:14:54
5. Katelyn Norton (London, ON) 1:15:26
Lakeside Sprint Duathlon (5km Run – 20km Bike – 2.5km Run) – Top 5 Men
1. Aaron Putman (Ashburn, ON) 1:01:41
2. Jeremy Carter (St. Agatha, ON) 1:02:22
3. Spencer Summerfield (London, ON) 1:02:37
4. Joseph Hunter (Waterloo, ON) 1:05:31
5. Marcel Scheele (St. Mary’s, ON) 1:07:07
Lakeside Sprint Duathlon (5km Run – 20km Bike – 2.5km Run) – Top 5 Women
1. Anna Fiorito (Amherstburg, ON) 1:12:10
2. Michele Sheehy (Cobourg, ON) 1:14:59
3. Tara McAninch McLaren (Oakville, ON) 1:16:37
4. Vicki Mayberry (Ingersoll, ON) 1:21:49
5. Erin Dowswell (London, ON) 1:22:54
Some of our relay winners:
We were honoured to host the final race of the 2015 Triathlon Ontario Youth Cup Series and the many Kids of Steel races.
Read the story:
Jones, Sturrock, Olsen-Keating and Lazenby Etch Names onto Youth Cup Trophy With Series Wins
Sunday September 13, 2015 – Day 2 at Lakeside
Lakeside Olympic Triathlon (1.5km Swim – 40km Bike – 10km Run) – Top 5 Men
1. Ben Sayles (Brantford, ON) 1:58:53
2. Ryan Power (Komoka, ON) 2:05:02
3. Simon Lutz (London, ON) 2:09:29
4. Fabian Cazzola (Oakville, ON) 2:14:05
5. Joshua Witt (North Bay, ON) 2:14:34
Lakeside Olympic Triathlon (1.5km Swim – 40km Bike – 10km Run) – Top 5 Women
1. Miranda Tomenson (Toronto, ON) 2:14:56
2. Saskia Holditch (Fonthill, ON) 2:30:30
3. Shelly O’Bright (Kitchener, ON) 2:31:46
4. Beth Deazeley (Oakville, ON) 2:35:01
5. Melanie Sandwith (St. Thomas, ON) 2:36:58
Lakeside International Duathlon (10km Run – 40km Bike – 5km Run) – Top 5 Men
1. Aaron Putman (Ashburn, ON) 2:06:52
2. Brad Arndt (London, ON) 2:08:01
3. Daryl Flacks (Windsor, ON) 2:10:32
4. Paul Lorentz (Waterloo, ON) 2:21:11
5. Peter Willard (Windsor, ON) 2:23:5
Lakeside International Duathlon (10km Run – 40km Bike – 5km Run)- Top 5 Women
1. Christine Richardson (London, ON) 2:27:49
2. Renee Hartford (Melin, ON) 2:35:12
3. Jodie Zimmer (London, ON) 2:38:22
4. Janis Milliken (Guelph, ON) 3:01:07
5. Glenda Baker (Orono, ON) 3:08:00
Our Relay Winners:
Jaren Adams of Kincardine rode the top split of 17:55 to earn the win in the Give-It-A-Tri, and Sudbury’s Isabella Mastroiani took the lead from the swim (6:25) and stayed in front the rest of the way to take the gold.
Lakeside Give-It-A-Tri (400m Swim – 10km Bike – 2.5km Run) – Top 5 Men
1. Jared Adams (Kincardine, ON) 40:46
2. Rob Rutledge (Lucan, ON) 41:29
3. Michael Smail (Woodstock, ON) 42:20
4. Matt Hook (Mississauga, ON) 43:56
5. Brendan Lowther (Elmira, ON) 44:02
Lakeside Give-It-A-Tri (400m Swim – 10km Bike – 2.5km Run) – Top 5 Women
1. Isabella Mastroiani (Sudbury, ON) 41:44
2. Anne Marie Rogers (Georgetown, ON) 42:38
3. Christina Mastroiani (Sudbury, ON) 43:51
4. Trella Garcia (Wheatley, ON) 44:34
5. Tara Rutledge (Lucan, ON) 45:09
* Get the full Lakeside Race Results from all the race categories.
Athlete Race Reports
Check out these RACE REPORTS from the Recharge With Milk Ambassador Team.
These reports will give you lots of insight and information which will help you with your own racing and training.
RACERS OF THE DAY
Congratulations to our Lakeside Racers of the day.
Skechers Racer of the Day
The winner of this prize gets a pair of Skechers Performance Running Shoes
Ignition Fitness Racer of the Day
The winner receives an Ignition Fitness Tri Top from Champion System along with additional opportunities to win more.
Share a picture of you in your ROTD kit on social media and Ignition Fitness will send you a Clif prize pack. Share another pic of you racing in your ROTD kit and we’ll send you another Clif prize pack. The more races you wear your ROTD kit, the more you win!
Nineteen Wetsuit Racer of the Day
The winner receives a Nineteen Pipeline FS wetsuit (MSRP $300).
2XU Racer of the Day
The winner receives a 2XU Prize Pack worth $310
Recharge With Milk
Make sure to stop by the Recharge With Milk Recovery Zone to get your post-race Chocolate Milk, swag, recover, and to have to fun with your fellow racers.
John Salt on Babbittville Radio
Check out our own John Salt, President of MultiSport Canada on Babbittville Radio, There is some great discussion about Barrelman, growing the sport of triathlon, and more.
Images We Love
Make sure to visit the MultiSport Canada Facebook Page for all of Mike Cheliak’s photos.
Share, Tag, Comment, and most of all, enjoy all of the free images.
Thanks to all of our Volunteers!
Thanks again to all of our volunteers gave up their time to help the athletes this weekend. You make it possible for the athletes to do what they do. Athletes, show your appreciation and make it a practice to thank every volunteer you meet along the course at any race.
Much thanks to Gabbi Whitlock for recruiting volunteers for Lakeside.
Thanks for Supporting the Series this year and See you again in 2016
If you are a long course racer, consider joining us for the highlight event of the year, the Niagara Falls Barrelman, this coming Sunday September 20.
Register for the Barrelman Triathlon (September 20).
Get Connected And Stay Informed
Connect with us and the other 7900+ athletes on the the series Facebook Page. Get all of the latest news first and interact with your fellow racers.
You can also follow us on Twitter for series tweets.
Please Support our Sponsors
We extend our thanks to each and every sponsor. Race entry fees never cover the complete cost of a particular race or series of races and without the sponsors there is no race or race series that would survive without their support. We hope that you all take a moment to check out our Series Sponsors below or visit the sponsors page and see what they do and look at the products they sell. Please thank them for supporting the sports of Triathlon and Duathlon by trying and using their products. If you do visit them please take a moment to thank them for supporting Triathlon, Duathlon and Kids races in Ontario.
|Nutrition & Hydration Sponsor||Run Course & Shoe Sponsor||Timing Sponsor|
|Custom Clothing Sponsor||Volunteer Sponsor||Eyewear & Rx Eyewear|
Local Presenting Race Sponsors
Silver Level Sponsors
|Nutrition Bar||Official Headwear||Bike Trainer Sponsor|
|Official Bike Box||Race Wheels||Recovery Sponsors|