COVID-19 & Race Schedule Update

We hope that you, your family and friends are all happy, safe and are able to stay fit in these trying times. We realize that many of you are curious as to what may happen with the 2020 race season and we are writing today to give you the latest news.


The purpose of this message is to give you as much information as we have pertaining to the 2020 race season. We promise to continue to communicate any and all information as we receive it. We apologize in advance for the lack of clarity to this point however, the situation for all of the series races is dynamic, fluid and in many ways not completely within our control. Our goal is to do everything possible to produce all of the 2020 events.

At this point in time we have had to cancel our June races in Gravenhurst and Welland and are currently exploring rescheduling options for these events. We have been in touch with each of our host communities in Bracebridge, Kingston, Toronto, Wasaga Beach, Lakeside and at this point have been told that our events may still proceed. Having said that, we know that you need to plan as best you can with your training and possibly travel and accommodation plans.

What about the upcoming price increases?

Typically race prices increase as the season progresses and some athletes like to register earlier to avoid those scheduled increases. Given the uncertainty of the situation we are suspending any further price increases for the remainder of the 2020 season. That means you will not be penalized for waiting until the last minute to register.

Will you be rescheduling races and what about the possibility of cancellations?

As mentioned above, we are researching the possibility of rescheduling our early season races in Gravenhurst and Welland. We are hopeful that the remaining races will take place as scheduled however, we realize athletes need to get in their training and plan travel schedules. In an attempt to help your planning, we have decided to provide a date when a final decision will be made as to whether a race will proceed or not.

We will keep the current race schedule until the “Decision Date” for each race listed below. The Decision Date has been chosen with the hope that they will still:

  • allow public gatherings and confirm our permits
  • confirm that paid duty police and EMS bookings are still available
  • allow athletes to plan for accommodations etc.
  • will give people enough time to finish their training

On the Decision Date we will decide if the race will either proceed or be officially cancelled. Once we have determined whether to proceed or cancel, we will email all registered athletes with their options. We hope the schedule below will help with your planning.


Race Decision Date*
Gravenhurst May 1
Welland May 1
Bracebridge June 15
Kingston June 22
Toronto Island July 6
Wasaga Beach July 20
Lakeside August 3

*Decision Date subject to change based on more current COVID-19 updates in local communities

Race Transfers in 2020

Transfers to another race in 2020 will still be allowed however, we will not process these until the Decision Date of your chosen transfer-to race has passed and we are certain your chosen race will still go ahead. If you are registered for a race that is cancelled we will notify you with your options for upcoming confirmed races.

i.e. Gravenhurst is cancelled and you wish to transfer to Wasaga Beach. Transfer can take place after the July 20 Decision Date for Wasaga Beach.

For 2020 we will be changing our transfer policy and will not be charging any administration transfer fees.

Thank You For Your Patience!

Our offices remain closed however, we are monitoring email. Please do not contact us with requests for information or updates. Our current refund policy remains in effect however, we are exploring other options for race deferrals and race transfers. Further updates will be emailed and also posted to our website as they become available. Again, thank you for your patience in these trying times.

We especially would like to thank all of the people who work in front line healthcare. If you have cause to interact with any of these amazing people please be sure to thank them! Remember to follow the guidelines published by the Government of Canada.

Please remember to stay safe and do your part during these difficult times.

The MultiSport Canada Team