From all of the staff at MultiSport Canada, we were so happy to welcome back a full house for the 2022 Rose City (Welland) Triathlon. The weekend started with hot weather on Saturday for the Long Course Events, followed by some cooler winds later in the afternoon on Sunday for the Sprint and Give-It-A-Tri Events.
A BIG “Thank You” goes out to Ron Lemon, who coordinates our volunteers, and Lynda Lemon, a Top Performer in MultiSport Canada community and international-level athlete. We really appreciate those who volunteered over the course of the weekend.
Mark your calendars! Next year’s Rose City (Welland) Triathlon and Duathlon will be hosted on Saturday, June 24th & Sunday, June 25th, 2023. Expect some of the following plans next year:
- A Return to Wave Starts – After two years of using our new multi-loop closed course with Individual Starts, we are now confident we can safely return to smaller Wave Starts (est. 30-40 per wave) without creating congestion on the Bike Course.
- Stay with Early Start Times – The Long Course and Sprint Triathlon will once again start at 8:00AM
- Start Order – We’ll keep the Projected Finishing Time for the Long Course Tri and Sprint Tri and we use those times to set the Wave Starts.
- Give-It-A-Tri Start – Moving earlier to 12:00PM with four to five waves of 20-30 per wave starting youngest to oldest. This will still allow us to provide a safe Bike Course while adding a bit more energy to the starts.
- Long Course Run – We might consider moving the Long Course run to three loops of 5km and would welcome any feedback from Long Course athletes on this decision.
- What do YOU think – If you have any other feedback that you think could make the event better, please let us know!
Our entire staff is looking forward to the rest of the season and we hope to see YOU at another MultiSport Canada event in 2022!
President – MultiSport Canada