Local Presenting Sponsors
Thank you for registering to race with us at the Gravenhurst Triathlon! We would like to thank our Local Presenting Sponsor Brubeck Body Guard for their support.
We are very excited about our partnership with our Presenting Sponsor Martin’s Family Fruit Farms! Back this year is our fantastic Nutrition Sponsor F2C.
We would also like to extend a thank you to IDA as our steamship sponsor!
Parking is on the right hand side after you turn onto Steamship Bay Road. (See “Getting There”). Please look for the MSC Parking signs and parking marshals Once you have parked your car there is approximately a 200m walk back to the race site. If this lot is full, there is other parking available in the area. Please check the Suggested Parking Map PLEASE PARK IN DESIGNATED AREAS ONLY. IF YOU PARK IN UN-DESIGNATED AREAS YOU WILL LIKELY RECEIVE A PARKING TICKET FROM THE TOWN.
*IMPORTANT EARLY MORNING PARKING REMINDER – PLEASE DO NOT BEEP your car when locking.
Please be considerate of the local residents in the apartment buildings next to the event parking lots. Please either lock your cars manually, or to click the fob just once – most vehicles will lock without beeping.
- HWY 400 North to Barrie
- Continue North on HWY 11 towards Orillia
- Continue North on HWY 11 to Gravenhurst
- Exit on Muskoka Rd 169/Bethune Drive at the south end of Gravenhurst
- Once off Hwy 11 and before the 1st Traffic Lights, Turn Right (North) on Bethune Drive
- Travel 2km North on Bethune Drive to Brock St/Rd 169
- Turn LEFT (West) on Brock St (signs for Highway 169 N)
- Travel 750m WEST on Brock/Bay St
- Turn RIGHT (North) at Wanda Miller Rd to stay on Bay St
- Travel 100m North on Bay St.
- Turn LEFT (West) on Bay St/Road 169
- Travel along Bay St/Road 169 you will see the race site on your Left.
- Continue PAST the race site for 300m and turn Right (North) at the traffic lights at Steamship Bay Rd
- Parking is on the right hand side after you turn onto Steamship Bay Road. Please look for the MSC Parking signs in the area
- Be sure Obey ALL Parking Signs in the various lots as some spaces are reserved for vehicles with trailers.
- Once you have parked your car there is approximately a 250m walk back to the race site.
- Updates Regarding Rose City (Welland) and Gravenhurst Events Posted on: April 9, 2020
- 2019 Gravenhurst Pre-Race Information Posted on: July 11, 2019
- When Life and Training Doesn't Go as Planned Posted on: July 10, 2019
*for more news check the “News” section in our main menu.
New 2019 Green Initiatives
MultiSport Canada is proud to support a green friendly initiative starting in the 2019 season. Over the course of the next year, we will be focusing on reducing our environmental impact. While triathlon promotes a healthy and active lifestyle, we also feel that we should strive to promote a healthy and sustainable business model for the planet as well!
- Green Initiative #1 – BYOB (bring your own bag) – We can easily reduce 7,000+ plastic bags this year by having YOU bring your own bag to registration. We will be handing out your bib, your memento choice (hat, t-shirt or socks), and your swim cap.
- Green Initiative #2 – Virtual Race Kits – In the past, MSC race kits have come in plastic bags with race mementos and sponsorship pamphlets and advertisements. This year, we will be replacing the physical handouts with a “virtual handout” in the pre/post race email to reduce the amount of paper we use throughout the season.
- Green initiative #3 – Bring a Bottle – To help eliminate 7,000+ water bottles throughout the season, please bring your own water bottle and use our supplied jugs of water throughout the race and expo areas.
We hope you will join us and embrace our new green initiative as it is an important step to take to help make our planet a greener place. We ask that you be patient and proud to help keep our waste at a minimum.
Please tell your friends that there will be race day registration for the Duathlons. If you are hoping to race in the triathlon events these have been sold out for over a month. There are usually some no shows for all races so for athletes willing to take the chance, you can register for a duathlon and hope to transfer to a triathlon at the last minute. If no triathlon spot opens up you can race in the duathlon.
Racers Of The Day Up For Grabs
Thanks to our fantastic sponsors, we have some amazing racer of the day prizes to give away this weekend.
- Suunto 5 Watch
- Martin’s Family Fruit Farm Gift Baskets
- Brubeck Body Guard Tech Shirts
- Rudy Project Gift Certificates
- Headsweats Hats
- Vorgee Goggles
- F2C Nutrition Pack
In order to ensure bike security every participant arriving to race site will be stopped as they are initially entering transition and they will receive two (2) bracelets. The first bracelet will be placed on the participant’s wrist and the second bracelet will be put on the participant’s bike. The two bracelets have matching numbers and in order to leave transition after the race is complete the participant must have both bracelets with the same matching number. You will be asked to show your bracelet on your wrist every time you enter transition.
Race Specific Information
*click on the links below to see your day’s schedule, course maps etc, as well as your swim waves and more.
IMPORTANT CHANGES FOR THIS YEAR
Please note that this year there will be ONE steamship doing 2 separate trips.
Boat trip 1 will be leaving the dock at 8:00 AM sharp and all athletes in the waves 1-3+pros must be on this boat.
Boat trip 2 will be loading athletes around 8:55 AM. All athletes in waves 4-5 must be at the dock by 8:50AM.
Registration will be open both Saturday and Sunday:
BOAT TRIP 1 – 6:30am – 7:30am
BOAT TRIP 2 – 6:30am – 8:30am
Details on which boat you will be placed can be found in the swim wave allocations post: 2019 Swim Wave Allocations
Saturday, July 13th
Water Quality and Temperature
Water Quality is Excellent. We are the only race series to have a Water Quality Guarantee. Water temperature on Tuesday, July 9th was 23C of 74f.
Bikes are racked by BIB Number. The BIB numbers are assigned by age and gender so for most athletes that means you will be racked with people in your age group and gender. If you are new to our races, please read the section in our Athlete Resource Library on Racking Your Bike
Free Race Day Photos is just one of the many perks you get with racing with us and we believe this is the most memorable and meaningful keepsake of your race experience. You’ll be able to print the photos, frame them, share them on social media, use them on your websites, make a poster of yourself, key-chains, or whatever you desire.
By utilizing Zoomphoto, MultiSport Canada is providing you with a platform to easily find your photos (by BIB or Last Name) and then download them with a custom overlay with your finish time if you so choose. Check the Zoomphoto Page after the race!
There can never be enough volunteers so please consider helping out on race day. Just drop by the Volunteer tent and we will be happy to find you a spot with our volunteer team. If you would like to check-out the volunteer opportunities, please visit our Volunteer page.
Race Day Guide
The Race Day Guide has plenty of information and tips as to what you can expect on day. Please give it a read, especially if you are new to the sport.
Race Rules and Etiquette
Our Race Rules and Etiquette Guide has all sorts of information including wetsuit or no-wetsuit swims, bike etiquette, course nutrition and rules. It can also be found in our Athlete Resource Library.
On Course Nutrition
Glyco-Durance will be the featured race fuel on the run course for all events in Gravenhurst. This all natural race fuel is carbohydrate based using the same scientifically developed electrolyte blend in the Hydra-Durance. When calculating out your nutrition please keep in mind each 6 oz cup is approx. 30 calories.
On Site Sponsors
|ALONG THE ROAD|
F2C Rehab 3:1 Chocolate and Vanilla will be waiting for you when you cross the finish line! The optimum three to one ratio of carbohydrates to protein, this recovery beverage uses the same carbohydrate that is in Glyco-Durance plus a blend of 5 different proteins and an organic coconut oil. With the lactose removed from this drink and digestive enzymes added this beverage is great for post race recovery. Each 7oz cup is 250 calories. Don’t do whey? Not a problem, just ask for F2C VeganPure in the recovery area. It will be on hand for those who have allergies or are plant based athletes and we will mix you up a vegan recovery shake! Last but not least look for our Strawberry & Cream Whey-Pure Energy, which will also be available.
Post Race Food
- Pizza (Saturday)
- Bagel halves with spreads (Sunday)
- Pretzels or chips
- Bananas & Oranges
- Pop & Juice
- Water Jugs (remember to bring your bottles – see green initiatives above)
Get Connected And Stay Informed
Please Support our Sponsors
We extend our thanks to each and every sponsor. Race entry fees never cover the complete cost of a particular race or series of races and without the sponsors there is no race or race series that would survive without their support. We hope that you all take a moment to check out our Series Sponsors below or visit the sponsors page and see what they do and look at the products they sell. Please thank them for supporting the sports of Triathlon and Duathlon by trying and using their products. If you do visit them please take a moment to thank them for supporting Triathlon, Duathlon and Kids races in Ontario.[hr ]
|Swim Course Sponsor||Apparel Sponsor||Nutrition & Recovery Sponsor|
|Eyewear & Rx Eyewear Sponsor||Hat Sponsor|
|Bike Support Sponsor||Timing Sponsor||Sports Technology Sponsor|
|Wheels Sponsor||Bike Sponsor|
|Coaching Sponsor||Volunteer Sponsor||Bike Rack Sponsor|
Local Race Sponsors
|Gravenhurst Steamship Sponsor|
|Gravenhurst & Bracebridge Sponsor|
Silver Level Sponsors