Thank you for registering to race with us in Bala Falls!
Local Presenting Sponsor
We would like to thank our Local Presenting Sponsor Ontario Trysport for their support. Please visit them on race day in the Recharge Zone. Please also visit their website for details on their products, services and the work they do with athletes. Details are on their website.
We are very excited about our partnership with Recharge With Milk and the Recharge With Milk Triathlon Series! Look for the Recharge with Milk Team at the finish line for your sample of chocolate milk to help you refuel and recover!
Important Race Day Information
Please tell your friends that there will be race day registrations.
*see our late registration policy for details when entering a race less than 10 days prior to event.
In order to ensure bike security every participant arriving to the race site will be stopped as they are initially entering transition and they will receive two (2) florescent bracelets. The first bracelet will be placed on the participant’s wrist and the second bracelet will be put on the participant’s bike. The two bracelets have matching numbers and in order to leave transition after the race is complete the participant must have both bracelets with the same matching number. You will be asked to show your bracelet on your wrist every time you enter transition.
The 7 day forecast can be seen from the link above. We recommend you bring a wetsuit as the decision for a wetsuit optional swim is always made race morning as per ITU rulings (pg 17).
If you need to rent a wetsuit you can contact D’Ornella’s Bike Shop in Toronto at 416-752-3838 who will be on site.
Water Quality is Good. We are the only race series to have a Water Quality Guarantee. The Water Quality Guarantee Page has all the details.
Race Day Registration Process
In an effort to make your day go a little smoother we have put together a short video clip which highlights the process on race day. Please take a minute to view the video on MSCtv. You can also read the Race Day Guide, Racking By BIB Number and Racing Guide, all of which can be found in our Athlete Resource Section.
Racking by BIB number
Bikes are racked by BIB Number. The BIB numbers are assigned by age and gender so for most athletes that means you will be racked with people in your age group and gender. If you are new to our races, please read the section in our Athlete Resource Library on Racking Your Bike
My Sports Shooter
There can never be enough volunteers so please consider helping out on race day. Just drop by the Volunteer tent and we will be happy to find you a spot with our volunteer team. If you would like to check-out the volunteer opportunities, please visit our Volunteer page. You can also use the new online Volunteer Registration.
Race Day Guide
The Race Day Guide has plenty of information and tips as to what you can expect on day. Please visit the Race Day Guide page, especially if you are new to the sport.
Race Rules and Etiquette
Race Specific Information
Each dedicated race page has all of the details that you need for race day including a schedule, course maps and descriptions.
PLEASE CLICK ON THE RACE TYPE LINKS BELOW TO VIEW COURSE MAPS AND RACE SPECIFIC INFORMATION.
Sunday, July 27, 2014
The Retro Day!
The Retro Day is about having some fun and bringing back the early days of triathlon. There will be prizes for the best male and female “retro” outfits and a prize for the best “retro” bike. We will also have a Mystery Prize for the Best Overall Retro Look. Judging will be based on creativity, originality and authenticity.
Given that many may be wearing wetsuits it is probably impractical to have a special wave or try to showcase all of the retro athletes. So…here is what we will do:
- When you pick-up your BIB number at registration we will get you to tell us if you are one of our “retro” athletes. If yes, we will add an “R” to your BIB Number.
- When you cross the Finish Line we will be judging the various outfits/athletes and making note of the BIB number and rating the outfits.
- Once the race is complete and before the Awards we will ask all of the Retro Bike athletes to come forward. We will let the spectators see your bike beauties and then we will pick the Top 3 Male and Female. We will then let the spectators choose the winners with a show of applause.
- For the Retro Outfits we will ask all of the athletes to come forward for a little fashion show and we will announce the Top 3 Male and Female as judged at the Finish Line. We will then let the spectators choose the winners with a show of applause.
- We will also announce the Mystery Prize winner for the Best Overall Retro Racer
This may be the most Speedos we have seen in a long while and could get really interesting.
- Best Male and Female Retro Outfits
- Best Male and Female Retro Bike
- Mystery Prize
There is limited parking (75 Cars MAX) in Jaspen Park The main parking is in the Parking Lot at the Intersection of Rd 169 and Rd 38.
- HWY 400 North to Barrie
- Continue North on HWY 11 North to Gravenhurst
- Exit on Muskoka Rd 169/ Bethune Drive and travel 2km North to Brock St
- Turn LEFT (West) on Brock St and travel 750m WEST on Brock/Bay St to Greavette St
- Turn RIGHT (North) on Greavette St and travel 200m NORTH to Bay St
- Turn LEFT (West) on Bay St/Road 169 and travel 25km along Road 169 to Bala
- Once in Bala, pass the Bala Bay Inn and turn right under the railway tracks and look for the parking signs
- Main parking is at Road 169 and Road 38 (See Race Site Overview Map)
Post Race Food
MultiSport Canada will be offering
- Pizza Nova Slices
- Chocolate Milk in the Recharge Zone
Get Connected And Stay Informed
Please Support our Sponsors
We extend our thanks to each and every sponsor. Race entry fees never cover the complete cost of a particular race or series of races and without the sponsors there is no race or race series that would survive without their support. We hope that you all take a moment to check out our Series Sponsors below or visit the sponsors page and see what they do and look at the products they sell. Please thank them for supporting the sports of Triathlon and Duathlon by trying and using their products. If you do visit them please take a moment to thank them for supporting Triathlon, Duathlon and Kids races in Ontario.
|Coaching & Training Sponsor||Volunteer Sponsor||Timing Sponsor|
|Wetsuit Sponsor||Swim Course Sponsor||Eyewear & Rx Eyewear|
|Custom Clothing Sponsor||Nutrition & Hydration Sponsor|
Local Presenting Race Sponsors
|Welland||Toronto Island, Wasaga Beach|
|Belwood, Lakeside||Gravenhurst, Bala Falls, Bracebridge, Huronia|
Silver Level Sponsors
|Run Sponsor||Bike Trainer Sponsor||Official Bike Box||Compression Sponsor|
|Nutrition Bar||Official Headwear||Recovery Sponsors|
See you on race day!
Our goal has always been to provide good quality races in a friendly environment. We take a great deal of pride that many people tell us that we are known as the participant friendly race series with a positive and easy going atmosphere.
Thank you for entering our race and I hope you enjoy the day. If you get the chance please say hello.
Founder and Series Director
If you know of anyone who you think may be interested in any of MultiSport Canada’s triathlon, duathlon or running events please forward this link.