Medals, Mementos, and Awards
Finisher medals for all Athletes!! Each Finisher will receive an Event-Specific Finisher’s Medal
For our Kids of Steel Events, each child will receive a Participation Medal. In the spirit of participation, there will be No Age Group Awards for our Kids of Steel Events.
We are pleased to offer you Four (4) choices for your Event Memento:
- MultiSport Canada Branded endūr Socks
- MultiSport Canada Branded HeadSweats Trucker Hat
- Comfortable Casual Race T-Shirt
- OR Choose None of the Above and Save $5.00
NOTE – Registration MUST be completed two (2) weeks prior to the race to receive a T-Shirt with the Event Specific Design. Registration received within the two (2) weeks to a race and on race day will still receive a T-Shirt, but with our Series Design.
T-Shirt Sizing (sizing in inches)
|Chest Width (Laid Flat)||18||20||22||24|
|Chest Width (Laid Flat)||16||16.5||17.5||18.5||19.25|
Age Group Awards
We set our Age-Groups based on participants levels as described below:
- For races with over 150 registered two (2) weeks prior to race day will use Five (5) year age categories (e.g. Women 40-44, Women 45-49, etc.)
- Races with under 150 registered two (2) weeks prior to race day will use ten (10) year age categories (e.g. Men 20-29, Men 30-39, etc.)
- Race with under 50 registered two (2) weeks prior to race day will use Under 40 and 40 Plus age categories.
Podium Medals – The Top Three (3) Finishers in each of the above categories will be recognized for their accomplishments at our Awards Ceremony.
Draw Prizes – There will also be Draw Prizes from our sponsors given-out at our Awards Ceremony. You MUST be present at the Awards Ceremony in-order to claim your Draw Prize
Our registration policies were designed to be as fair as possible, while still allowing the events to remain financially viable. Organizers make significant year-long investments, and these events can only occur once a year. This requires a strong commitment from participants well in advance.
|3-4 Races||5-7 Races||7+ Races|
|15% off each race||20% off each race||25% off each race|
NOTE – Discounts will not be backdated to previous registrations during the same season. To be eligible for the Multi-Race discount you must sign-up for multiple races in ONE TRANSACTION during registration!
Additionally, the Niagara Falls Barrelman is NOT eligible to be part of the Multi-Race discount as it is a standalone event separate from the triathlon series.
Is the Provincial Sporting Organization (PSO) for Triathlon in Ontario that provides leadership and governance to develop and grow multisport in Ontario as well as deliver a safe and fair environment for participation.
Triathlon Ontario fees are not part of our race fees. If you are not a full-year member of Triathlon Ontario, as a part of your registration you will need to purchase a One-Day Membership for an additional $8.00.
Age Restrictions in Racing
NOTE – Age-Groups are based on your age as of December 31 of the Current Year.
Max. Ind. Distances Allowed Example of Permitted Races
|14||400m Swim – 10km Bike – 2.5km Run||Give-It-A-Tri or ONE LEG of a Sprint Relay Event|
|16||750m Swim – 20km Bike – 5km Run||All Sprint Triathlons and Sprint Duathlons|
|18||1500m Swim – 40km Bike – 10km Run||Olympic Tri, Int Du and Long Course Events|
Change inside the Same Event – For $10 you can change races (e.g. Sprint Tri to Sprint Du) inside the same event (e.g. Bracebridge Sprint Tri to Bracebridge Sprint Du). Same Event Transfers can be done within Race Roster
Transfer to a Different Event – For $20.00 you can change to a different event (e.g. Welland to Bracebridge)
Transfer your Entry to Another Person – For $20.00 you can transfer your entry to another person
Defer to Next Season – For $30 you may defer/credit your entry to the following year.
- Any Transfers MUST be initiated Two (2) Weeks prior to an event
- If there is a difference in the registration fees, you will need to pay the difference plus the transfer fee
- If there is no difference in the registration fees, or you are transferring to a lower-priced race, this difference can be deducted from the transfer fee
We will grant refunds for Medical Reasons (e.g. significant injury, severe illness, etc.) ONLY as follows:
- Up to Four (4) Weeks prior to an event, we will be able to offer a 75% refund
- Up to Two (2) Weeks prior to an event, we will be able to offer a 25% refund
- There will be No Refunds for any reason within Two (2) Weeks of any event
- With all refunds, the participant will be required to pay the processing fee
Health and Safety
All Participants 12 years of age and older in our events will be required to show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to participate. Our events are returning to their normal size and density for 2022, so being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be required in-order to keep everyone safe.
Face Coverings may still be required in some areas where tight quarters are unavoidable, so please come prepared.
If the water quality is tested more than 100 eColi per 100 milliliters of water, you will have two options:
- You can choose to participate in the Triathlon for that day. If you do choose to stay in the Triathlon you will be swimming at your own risk. OR
- You can choose to participant in a Duathlon on that day
With all our events taking place outdoors, the weather conditions can play a big factor in every event. Many unrecoverable expenses have already been incurred and as such there will be No Refunds because of a weather-related cancellation. Registered participants will still receive ALL their Event Mementos
The decision regarding wetsuits is made on Race Morning in conjunction with the Officials from Triathlon Ontario, so please come prepared.
Wetsuits are also NOT Permitted if the water temperature is above 25.6C (78F).
Wetsuits are Mandatory if the water and/or air temperature is low. Based on the chart below, if the “Feel Like” temperature is below 18C (or 64F) wetsuits will be mandatory for your safety:
There will be No Refunds if it becomes necessary to cancel the swim due to low water, and/or air temperature – see chart below:
|Air Temperature (Celsius)|
|Water Temp (Celsius)||22||18.5||18||17.5||17||16.5||16||15.5||15|
|16||15.5||15||Change to Duathlon|
Registered participants will be allowed to participate in the Duathlon on that day.
Public Health Regulations
We will not be able to offer refunds if there is a change in Public Health Regulations that does NOT allow for the event to be hosted as planned. Should this happen, deferrals or transfers will be offered at no additional cost.
Inclement weather? (e.g. Thunder and Lightning, High Winds, etc.)
With all of our events taking place outdoors, the weather conditions can play a big factor in every race. A large portion of the race fees collected have already been allocated and used by race day and as such there will be no refunds because of a weather cancellation. Registered participants will still receive their T-shirt and race kit. Thank you for your understanding of these policies.
We will do whatever it takes to ensure that all races will go on, but safety always comes first. Here are some examples of what MIGHT happen in the case of inclement weather:
- In the event of light to moderate rain, and the absence of any lightning, our goal would be to proceed with the scheduled event as long as road conditions are safe, especially in the case of the bike course.
- If there is lightning in the area, the event may be placed on hold. The hold will be kept in place until we are certain that the weather has passed or has changed course and we will not be affected.
- If lightning is still in the area or a possibility we will consider canceling the swim and converting the race into a duathlon (run, bike, run).
- If the swim and bike courses are determined to be unsafe, but the run course is determined to be safe, the event may be modified into a run-only event.
- If after one hour of a weather hold all three portions of the event are determined to be unsafe, the event may be canceled. The hold may be extended after taking into consideration other safety factors
Are any type of Earphones or Headphones allowed?
NO Earphones or Headphones of any kind are permitted in our Series events. Regardless of their type, they do distract from your ability to be present to other participants, and in events with Shared Roads, to vehicles around you.
What are the Top 10 Frequently Violated Rules
- A competitor must wear the Swim Cap provided by the race organization.
- Helmets are compulsory and chin straps MUST be fastened anytime the athlete is in possession of the bicycle. This means that before the bike is removed from the rack, the chin strap must be fastened and remain fastened until the bike is placed back on the racks.
- Riding of bicycles in the transition zone is strictly prohibited at all times.
- Competitors may not receive assistance at any time during the race, or in the transition zone. (This excludes medical or safety assistance given by designated race volunteers or qualified staff.)
- Drafting of another competitor or motor vehicle is prohibited on the bike course. The draft zone surrounding each competitor measures 10 metres from the front edge of the front wheel. Competitors have 20 seconds to pass through this zone when overtaking another athlete.
- Cyclists should keep to the right-most side of the road at all times, unless passing. Alert fellow cyclists of your intention to pass by saying, “on your left”.
- Competitors must follow the prescribed course route in all segments of the race as defined by the Event Organization.
- It is the Competitor’s responsibility to read all supplied information given in the race kits, posted at the race site, and listen to verbal announcements given by the Race Director and Race Officials.
- Verbal or physical abuse of officials and race volunteers is not acceptable or tolerated.
- All athletes must have their torsos covered on the bike and run portions of the event. Bib numbers must be visible on the bike and run courses.
All of our races will have timing splits for all legs of the races including Transition Zone splits. That means Swim or Run, Transition #1, Bike, Transition #2, Run and Finish. Professional results are provided by SportStats and results will be posted at www.sportstats.ca throughout the event. All participants must pick-up their timing chip prior to the event and wear it around their ankle. Timing chips are the property of SportStats and must be returned at the finish line. Athletes will be responsible for the cost of replacing lost timing chips
Can I sign up for a Triathlon Relay with only two (2) people?
Yes – Be sure to register one of the two people a second time during the process.
Do you rent Bikes or Wetsuits?
No, we do not. At some of our events, wetsuits are available for rental but that entirely depends on which retailers are present and if they are renting or not. This information can usually be found in our Pre-Event Email.