Help the 46,000 people in Toronto living with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias, their caregivers and family members, by registering for the Toronto Island Triathlon and fundraising for the Alzheimer Society of Toronto this year. Click here to start fundraising!
About the Alzheimer Society of Toronto:
Founded in 1984, the Alzheimer Society of Toronto offers support, information and education to people with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias, their families and their caregivers, to increase public awareness of dementia, to promote research, and to advocate for services that respect the dignity of the individual. For more information, please visit www.alz.to.
VERY IMPORTANT TORONTO ISLAND INFORMATION
Water Bottles – Please bring your own water bottle with you. The City of Toronto has banned plastic water bottles, so water in bottles will not be served as part of the post-race food. Water in jugs will be available for your water bottle after the race. Pop is also served with the post-race food.
Parking – There is plenty of parking in and around the Westin Harbour Castle Hotel. Please look (or google in advance) for the City of Toronto “Green P Parking”. There is also private parking sites located within a walking distance of the ferry docks.
Ferry Service – special Ferry Service to Hanlan’s Point will begin race morning at 5:30AM departing every half hour (i.e. 5:30AM, 6:00AM. 6:30AM) from the Ferry Terminal. We recommend that you arrive at the Ferry Terminal with enough time to pick-up your bib and ferry ticket and catch a ferry that departs 90 minutes before that start of your race.
Saturday, August 17, 2019
Sunday, August 18, 2019
When you sign up to volunteer you can choose the volunteer job that most interests you or most qualified for. Our Volunteer Coordinators will do their best to place you in your chosen area.
The following featured accommodations are happy to serve MSC Triathlon Series participants. Book early!
Book Online: website
At Westin, our goal is that you leave feeling better than when you arrived. From Breathe Westin™, our smoke-free initiative, to UnwindSM…a Westin evening ritual, we strive to develop programs that help you be at your best in mind, body and spirit.
All guestrooms include the following standard amenities:
- Dual data lines with high speed internet access
- 32” flat screen plasma television
- Westin’s Signature Heavenly® Bed and Bath
- In-room safe (can accommodate standard laptop)
- Individual climate-control
- Complimentary daily newspaper
- In-room movies
- Coffee/Tea station featuring Starbucks Coffee
- Radio/Alarm Clock
- 24 hour security
- Accessible rooms available WESTIN WORKOUT® Health Club & Pool The Health Club is complimentary to all hotel guests and offers a full workout facility featuring hardwood floors, lake views, individual tv’s (includes personal headset) on each cardio machine, and a wide range of exercise equipment and weights. The Health Club also features a large indoor heated pool and whirlpool, outdoor tennis court, squash courts, steam rooms, sauna, indoor lounging area and outdoor patio. A Snack menu is also available.
Group Rate Information:
Special room rate of $179.00+HST per night for MSC athletes. These rooms would normally cost over $200 per night.
Reservations can be made directly with Westin Reservations 1-888-627-8559.
Athletes must state that they are with the Toronto Island Triathlon 2016 to receive the special group rate. The cut-off date for reserving rooms with the special group rate is July 18, 2016. After the cut-off date, it is the Hotel`s discretion whether to accept additional reservations, which will be subject to prevailing rates and availability.
The ferry terminal is behind the Westin Harbour Castle on Queens Quay. There is plenty of paid parking available in the area.
- Gardiner Expressway to Downtown Toronto
- Exit at Spadina (if Eastbound) or Exit at Sherbourne/Jarvis(if Westbound)
- Travel South to Queens Quay
- Take Queens Quay towards Bay St