Sunday, August 4th, 2019
In 2019, the K-Town Triathlon will be a collaboration between MultiSport Canada & Somersault Events and will remain part of the overall series points as well as apply to our multi-race discount.
Important Information regarding the LaSalle Causeway Bridge
The bike course for crosses the metal La Salle Causeway bridge about a kilometre into the bike course.
Athletes should slow down when crossing the bridge. Do not change gears, pedal or brake as doing any of these may reduce your traction on the metal grate surface. You are advised to coast across the entire bridge.
Be forewarned that the lift bridge may go up to allow the passage of boat traffic.
In the event that the BRIDGE IS UP, please follow these instructions:
- Race to the point at which volunteers are recording race numbers. They will record the time at which you stop.
- Make sure the volunteer is able to see your bib number.
- When the bridge goes back down, volunteers will record your start time.
- The time stopped will be subtracted from your race time after you complete the bike course.
In the event of RAIN,
If the roadway and pavement are wet it will be MANDATORY that you STOP AND WALK your bike across the lift bridge or use the sidewalk, otherwise YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
Volunteers at the bridge have been instructed to tell you to walk across the bridge or the sidewalk. You are urged to use extreme caution when crossing the bridge. Under wet conditions continuing across the metal bridge at race speed is extremely dangerous and could result in a fall and serious injury.
Remember that you are sharing the roadway with vehicular traffic so be safe and ride carefully.
When you sign up to volunteer you can choose the volunteer job that most interests you or most qualified for. Our Volunteer Coordinators will do their best to place you in your chosen area.
- HWY 401 to Sir John A MacDonald Blvd. exit towards Kingston
- Merge onto Sir John A MacDonald Blvd.
- Turn left onto Princess Street
- Turn right onto Ontario Street
- Confederation Park in front of City Hall
Kingston has a number of parking lots with various parking limits. View a map of City operated parking lots and garages. Use the length of stay map to see the parking options available based on the amount time required.
The following featured accommodations are happy to serve MSC Triathlon Series participants.
Welcome K-Town Triathlon athletes! Take advantage of our convenient location and enjoy the comfort of staying at St. Lawrence College residence and take advantage of the spacious campus grounds. We offer a variety of comfortable single, double and accessible rooms. Enjoy the beauty of Lake Ontario Park located across the street and take advantage of the bike paths for a morning run. Guestrooms include simple furnishings, private bathrooms and a refrigerator. Each guest room is equipped with air conditioning, linens and towels. Guests at St. Lawrence College can use the laundry facilities, ATM, vending machines and hassle free parking on-site.
Single, double and accessible rooms available!
SPECIAL K-TOWN TRIATHLON RATES
Single Room (one single bed): $62.00
Double Room (two single beds): $79.00
Taxes extra. Simple breakfast included Saturday and Sunday mornings.
Phone: (613) 544-5400 x 4999 Promo Code: MultiSport Canada
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Promo Code: MultiSport Canada
Online: https://reservations.sl.on.ca/ Promo Code: GROUP
- Private full washrooms
- Individually controlled air conditioning and heat
- Parking included with room reservation
- Free WIFI and local calls
- Refrigerator in room
- 24-hour front desk service
- Laundry facilities
- Frequent local transit stops on-site
- Cafeteria on campus
- Public microwaves in lounges
- Two lounges equipped with cable television
Looking for the Kingston Kids Triathlon? Click on image below.